Creative Thinking, Critical Thinking, Fine Motor Skills, Spatial Skills, Cognitive Skills
This activity was taken from the Noggin BuilderZ advanced activity book
- An inclined plane is a flat surface that is sloped
- It takes less effort to move or lift something higher.
- The amount of work is the same:
more force x shorter distance = less force x longer distance
- It will be harder to push a rock up a steep slope, so using a less steep slope with longer distance will make it easier to push.
- Climbing up a steep hill needs more effort. Walking up a gentle slope need less effort but longer distance to reach the same height.
- Reduced force produced by direct falling.
- colors of rods and other pieces may vary
- kit contains small pieces and may be a choking hazard, intended for ages 6+