Time: 45 minutes
Instruction: Whole class
1. Circle up the group.
2. Read aloud the following Activity Challenge Box to the group.
Challenge: Students will Limbo beneath the Toobeez tube as low as possible.
3. Review general safety procedures and tips from the “Helpful Hints” section above.
4. Select one student to demonstrate the Limbo, and answer any questions students have about moving beneath the Limbo pole. Students should know that hands, arms, etc. can not touch the ground or the pole to help them under the tube.
5. Arrange the remaining students in a line perpendicular to the tube.
6. Students can begin moving under the pole one at a time.
7. When a student falls or touches the ground or the pole, they are to leave the line and become a positive cheerleader for the remaining students.
8. Continue this activity until only one student remains.
9. After the activity, move to the “Activity Discussion and Processing” section of the activity.
Here are available Training Options!
1. To change the activity.
Have students attempt to Limbo sideways.
2. To increase the difficulty.
Have students attempt to Limbo with their eyes closed.