Group Size: 8 – 10
Time: 10-15 minutes
3. Read the Activity Challenge Box to the group
Activity Challenge: Participants will match Toobeez tubes by color through non-verbal communication.
4. Remind participants that they will be using non-verbal communication to match their tube to their partner’s tube.
5. The therapist or activity professional will count aloud, “One, two, three!” On the count of three, the participants should bring one hand forward to see if the color tube the have brought forward matches the color their partner has brought forward.
8. After the activity, move to the “Activity Discussion and Processing” section.
Here are the available Teambuilding Training Options.
1. Break the pairs into teams.
Count the matches and keep score for the teams.
2. Have the teams choose a color.
Instead of working in pairs, have the whole group work together to display one color at the same time.
Appropriate caution is important to conduct activities in a safe manner. Be sure to review these reminders prior to beginning the activity, and share reminders with the group if necessary.
The effectiveness of the group process will often determine the outcome for the participant. These are only suggested questions to begin the discussion. Select the ones you feel will best benefit your group. Make sure to let everyone share their ideas, and remind participants that everyone’s feelings are important!
Suggested questions for Processing:
Closing the Activity
Review the challenge of the group and summarize how the challenge was (or was not) achieved. Highlight the main contributions and resolve unfinished issues.Affirm their efforts for support and acceptance of each other’s feelings. End with the following quote:
“In soloing – as in other activities – it is far easier to start something than it is to finish it.” – Amelia Earhart