Time: 45 minutes
Here are available Training Options!
1. Circle up the group.
2. Read the following Activity Challenge Box to the group.
Challenge: Students will use various balancing and flexibility techniques with their wands.
3. Place the students with a partner. Each pair will receive one 24” tube.
4. Have student pairs attempt the following balancing techniques:
5. After the activity, move to the “Activity Discussion and Processing” section of the activity.
1. Increasing the difficulty.
During the partner exchange of the wands, have the students increase the distance between each other. Students can attempt to perform stunts such as a full turn before catching the wand.
2. Increase wand movements.
Hold the wand in both hands near the ankles. Without letting go of the wand, step over the wand and through the space between the arms. A variation of this is to pass the wand under the feet from side to side, one foot at a time, or to hold the wand behind the body to step over the wand.