This activity was taken from the Noggin BuilderZ advanced activity book
1. Learn that complex machines like a ferris wheel makes use of the simple machine – wheel and axle.
2. Incorporate gear train into ferris wheel, the wheel is turning when we turn a small handle! (Transfer the force of turning the handle to turn the wheel)
3. Learn to use Noggin BuilderZ to construct a giant ferris wheel with and without a gear system.
4. Use imagination and creativity to modify the ferris wheel.
5. Artistic demonstration – design and decorate the ferris wheel.
Gear Ferris Wheel